Music Classes for Big Kids: Ages 5s, 6s & 7s
Strengthens musical foundations!
Young children who continue Kindermusik class into early school age will develop a greater capacity for learning and a lifelong love of music. In Kindermusik class, your budding musician will be introduced to fundamental musical concepts, notation, and the basics of vocal development. Children explore a wide variety of musical styles and the instruments of the orchestra through group ensemble play, music, games, and stories from many cultures. These classes are a musical learning experience that set the stage for future school success and the transition into formal music lessons.
What you'll experience in Kindermusik Music Classes for Big Kids
At this age, big kids love learning and making music with their peers and can now begin to apply what they are learning in different ways. But especially when it comes to music, they need a learning environment that that encourages without pushing. The rich foundation of musicianship which Kindermusik lays has the potential to accelerate later progress on an instrument.
- Language Development – Being in a group class like Kindermusik gives big kids lots of extra practice in verbal communication, but language development is taken to all-new level as the children imitate melodic phrases, match pitch, and sing entire songs.
- Vocal Development – We take singing to a whole new level as the children sing in several languages, participate in speech ensembles, expand their vocal range, develop independent singing, and sing in an ensemble.
- Cognitive Development – Higher-level cognitive skills mean these eager learners can easily begin to grasp the fundamentals of reading, writing, and composing music which Kindermusik introduces in a perfectly sequenced and thoughtful way.
- Gross Motor Skills – Children this age are more than capable of walking, running, and jumping and are now able to walk, run, and jump to the beat of the music. Kindermusik helps refine their gross-motor skills even further as the children imitate and learn multi-step dances.
- Fine Motor Skills – The ability to hold a pencil and write their names means that these big kids are becoming skilled enough to also learn simple musical notation, play the bars of a glockenspiel, strum the strings of the dulcimer, and finger the holes on the recorder.
- Social Emotional Development – At this age, self-esteem comes from feeling capable, and Kindermusik helps your child to develop a sense of confidence by belonging to a group, sharing ideas, and taking pride in his accomplishments.
- Musical Development – Increasing skills and cognitive abilities mean that your big kid can enjoy more complicated group dances and ensemble experiences. She'll have lots of opportunity to develop her singing voice as well. Most exciting of all, she is able to learn to read and write music as well as to compose her own songs.